Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Dim Sum @ Kedai Kopi Mee Bon, Jalan Ipoh


2th sis would like to treat us a dim sum, so we woke up early and headed towards Jalan Ipoh which is the nearest dim sum eating place nearby Setapak. 


Crab meat dumplings


Siu mai or pork dumplings


Pounded meat wrapped in seaweed




Should be a fish paste ball


Chicken feet in black bean sauce


Loh mai kai aka glutinous rice with soy sauce and chicken 


Loh mai kai is indeed my favourite.

Overall, it is an average experience dining here. The dim sum offered is for steamed items and there is no fried items which I found a bit weird. I been here for quite some time recently this year but it seem that the choice of dim sum here are limited to just one tray.

In terms of service, it was so so only. The staff who bring out all the dim sum on a large tray only came once and will not even bother to ask us for refill unlike any other places.

I am sorry that I couldn't remember the price but it is likely to be RM 2.50-RM 3 per plate. It is definitely not overpriced and about the standard price. So, don't worry when you get the bills. In fact, there is no bills but they use human calculation on the spot when you asked for bills. 

FYI, the Wong Kwong Chun Restaurant who served dim sum at Jalan Pahang has closed its doors after years of operations. (knew the reason but can't be published)

Address:
Kedai Kopi Mee Bon,
491 Jalan Ipoh,
51200 Kuala Lumpur.

3 comments:

gbeejipp said...

yummy. I've always liked dimsums.. Now I know where to find them when I come down to KL.

TOLANIC said...

I wish I can find the nice Halal dim sum!

Jillian said...

how come there's no fish balls! thats like the 'iconic' one to order from that shop. and rather huge.

love the 'loh mai kai' too! but in terms of price I'd reckon its getting more and more expensive, I've 'grown up' to watch the price keep increasing :(

btw you should try another dim sum place, right behind Brem Mall, a zinc extended structure ;) they've mixture of steamed and fried stuff

Related Posts with Thumbnails