Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I am employed for 3 days

My day started with an overslept. I set my alarm to 9.30 am but end up woke up 2 hours later after series of snooze of my hp. After I woke up, I had a dry mee for my breakfast. Today was a bit special day as my mum cooked the ‘sweet potatoes dessert’. So, it was a little big meal for the breakfast. Then, my dad was seen painting the main gate outside. Huh..why out of sudden do painting? I did not offer help due to the sunny day. Well, my skin is not recovered yet from the sunburn and my skin is still peelable now. (bad son.. huh?) I can tear off a layer of skin, transparent and thin layer. Upon rub, it will be peelable easily. As usual, I check news update and reading blogs. Today, I already planned to put aside blogging on Redang Trip but to look for part time jobs. As for this time, I wanted to have a new experience or exposure. If given the choice, I do not want to stay in the office and to face the computer almost all the time and worsening my eyesight. (duh.. my eyesight is deteriorating) So, I started my searching for few hours. It was quite interesting to see that there are many part time jobs offered and I just get to know that there are many websites that you can search for but definitely not Jobstreet. After some time, I finally found one job which is quite high pay. RM 100 + incentives per day for cosmo fair for 4 days. Sounds attractive? So, I sent my resume (after some time digging the files) and received error in sending mails (rebound). I sent to the company twice but yet still received rebound mails. So, I do a bit searching of the ‘cosmo fair’ through google search but still no information. Cosmo gives impression of cosplay, don’t you think so? Towards the end, I found out that it was actually a beauty fair by Cosmo Beautician. The moment I knew I felt so glad that luckily my resume was not able to send out. Asking me to sell beauty products like cosmetics is a definitely no no.
Next, I found one event work around 2 pm+. Looks good and the pay was sort of normal price. It was written data entry/assistant/usherer. The event management company is located in my living area. I sent out my resume and get a reply within 10 minutes. So fast? The person in charge was requesting me to send my resume in 2003 format. Haha. So, I continue chatting in msn and searching as well. About 2.45 pm, I received a call and it was from the event company. What a shock! The person in charge was Ms. Peggy and she asked me to go interview NOW. What? She also asked if I got friends who wanted to work. So, I told her some in Cheras and some it was too sudden to inform. So, I asked her if I needed to wear formal wear. She replied no need, but a casual wear with no short pants. (huh..how she know I like to wear short pants?) It was just too sudden. I kept asking myself was I dreaming? Since I promised to meet her by 3.30 pm, I hurried to my room and get my ‘casual wear’ and bath. Then, I headed toward the place in just less than 10 minutes. (haha.. very near only). Then, when I reached there, I saw no ‘papan tanda’ for the company. (Is this company legal?). After meeting her, she then started to interview me. She did not ask me my previous experience probably already written in my resume. She gave me a speaking test followed by a typing test. (huh.. what is this all? I wasn’t ready at all) I did not feel nervous from beginning till I reached there, but only when I read out a paragraph of a given text, I felt a little as I do not know what she wants/expected from me. (I’m still in the state of shock). Next, she gave me a typing test. (huh.. typing? What a joke?) The jobs offered are 3 types which are data entry, assistant and usherer. I wanted usherer as I mentioned above I don’t want to face the monitor 24 hours. Besides, many know my typing though it was fast but full of mistakes and it was proven today. Things were too sudden that I was laughing while doing the typing test. Besides, she also talked to me and somehow no fully concentrate on the typing. The result was EXPERT with 92% accuracy and 40 words per minute. I was like what? EXPERT? The software got problem? So, I asked her my result must be very bad and no choice to opt for ushers. She gave me a shock reply that most of her staffs scored below 40 ranging about 30 with one managed to score 60 words per minute and few above my score. What a joke? She then offered me a job as ‘Architect’. What? Architect? This must be kidding. Then, only she continued that it was an architect forum which will be held in July. Relief. I told her that I may not be able to answer now as I probably will go for a vacation and my big day is somewhere during the even period (Just get to know J will be attending to this event and asked me to take it). She said ok and then offered me a job as a typist. Har.. typist.. cannot be usher meh? She told me that typist job is fun and can know a lot of pretty girls. Well, you think I am a small kid? How to be fun to face the monitor 24 hours and know pretty girls through typing? So, I asked her if the participants were all pretty charming ladies? She replied NO but instead will give me two pretty girls placed one on my left and another one on my right. It will be typing job but it is an on site job doing registration for the participants. CEH~ So, no choice lor, since the boss wanted me to do typist, I have to take it. This job is only for 3 days. Though it is small money, I think this will be very interesting as I can get new exposure. So, after that, our talks went into out of the topic discussion. Some of it was marriage of different races, Indian cannot eat beef or beat snake, Malay cannot eat pork and mix marriage can produce pretty/handsome children. (so, you know what we were talking right?) So, I asked her if she need more staffs? She gave me a shock reply that the company wanted to reduce the number of staffs. (uh.. so contra with initial words) This time I scored my very first. First time to get a job offer in such fast speed. First time go interview no need bring resume or anything. First time get an on site job. In addition, Tun Mahathir will be attending that function as well. Oh… my idol. She asked me to change a new idol as he was old. Then, I told her that he is a man with good vision. She agreed that he was the best among the 5 PM including the current one. Tun will probably enter through VIP hall. Can I request to ask him register with me? Haha.. Do VIPs need to register? Again, conversation went ‘wild’. That’s all for now. Hope it will be an enjoyable work! So, ppl, if you have any event work other than this coming 10-12 June, do let me know. Thanks in advance.

5 comments:

Ihsan Khairir said...

I used to work data entry before. did it for two years. not so much fun, considering i was flanked by old people instead of pretty ladies.

hope you'll enjoy the job =)

Anonymous said...

haha you went to redang too?
blog about it! =D

haha i wont sell cosmeticst too..yer.. lol =P

KwOnG FeI said...

@ihsan: hahaha.. i truly hope it will be enjoyable one although i know the person in charge was cheating me..haha

@ken: wait ar.. in stage of selecting pictures

KwOnG FeI said...

@ihsan: hahaha.. i truly hope it will be enjoyable one although i know the person in charge was cheating me..haha

@ken: wait ar.. in stage of selecting pictures

YC said...

haha...kesiannya kw,kena sunbburn.my friends oso kena,sum even became darker when dey came bek,only me still very fair n still d same me aft i came bek fr redang.hehe...
but its quite fun la,i guess...looking forward 2 c ur pics in redang 2 b uploaded to ur blog...

Related Posts with Thumbnails